Suicidal Foot 4.0 - Hell Break
This blog contains five years worth of rants and babbles. It is not for the faint hearted, nor the nosy, nor for the narrow minded. It does not discriminate sex nor religious preferences. It loves you because nobody ever will. All hail Suicidal Foot! All hail the drama queen who writes, and her little servant boy!
Sunday, February 27, 2011 @ 2:13:00 AM
Into It: Cinderella (the Little Glass Slipper).

[original tiltle: I'll Walk to Hell with Glass Slippers]

I was reading The Tales of Mother Goose by Charles Perrault. Yes, I read or watch when I'm bored. I am for art and not for calculating velocities and forces. Anyways, the first story is everyone's favorite. Well, atleast I know we're all familiar with Cinderella, or the Little Glass Slipper. And, here I am again, being a "hater", being an "anti-fan". I have issues with fairy tales, I noticed. I will not stop myself and share my thoughts. Worship me, World.


This is the whole truth behind Cinderella's story...

Cinderella is actually a rich kid with a greedy step-mother and step sisters. Her dad is still alive. He just let Cinderella be a slave. Whattadad. Anyway, she was turned into an all-around maid, and she stayed nice to everyone.

What kind of a gentleman, as it was written in the story, would marry someone who was obviously a witch? He is Cinderella's father. He who was supposedly a gentleman let her suffer. He let her prepare the food and wash the dishes after. She wasn't even allowed to eat with her own family? I will not complain about this, but since they called Cinderella's dad a "gentleman", I can not let this slide.

Oh, and, is Cinderella a masochist? Why does she love her family when they don't even treat her like family? She's like sh- to them. MASO. :O

One time, the Royal Family invited everyone to a ball. Of course, Cinderella's step-sisters went. She was left home crying until a fairy godmother appeared. She used magic and turned Cinderella into a princess with a "coach fit for royalty." Her fairy godmother specifically said to get back home BEFORE midnight.

Her step-sisters asked her, "wouldn't you like to go to the ball?" I know that in her situation, it is hard to be honest and just say yes. But, why, then, did she need to lie? Is lying okay because you can't tell the truth? I understand that she couldn't help but cry when they left her alone. But, in the first place, she said she didn't want to come. It's hard to say I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep. Don't say something you don't mean.

She arrives at the court and the prince takes her by the hand. During the dinner, she sat down beside her sisters and gave them some of the "oranges and citrons" that the prince gave her. The clock strikes quarter to 12 and she bids goodbye.

Why the hell didn't the prince ask her name? He's a player. Girls, listen up. If a guy takes you by the hand to wherever nice place there is, but doesn't even ask your name, it is either (one) you are too beautiful he forgot to ask, or (two) he doesn't expect to see you after that night. Player.

Cinderella gave some of the food the prince gives her. Whattabitch. The guy offers you food, you take it then give it to someone else? WHATTHEHECK. And, her sisters. They never realized it was Cinderella, she was technically a stranger, but they ate the food. WHATTHEHECK. Didn't their parents ever told them not to talk to strangers? What more to eat food FROM strangers, right? Cinderella could've easily poisoned them. She should have.

There was another ball the next day. Cinderella asked Charlotte to lend her a dress. Charlotte is not out of her mind. BUT, Cinderella IS happy she didn't get what she asked for. The sisters went to the ball again, and so did Cinderella. The prince was beside her all the time, his sweet talk never ceasing. Cinderella almost forgot that she was not to stay out 'til midnight. She left one of her glass slippers while running away.

So, the ball is kind of like clubbing then? Every single night, we party~! Or atleast I hope I did. Anyway. Why the hell did Cinderella ask to borrow clothes from Charlotte, her evil step-sister, expecting she's be rejected, and then be happy she really did got rejected? One answer, ladies and gentlemen. Cinderella is a MASO.

The prince woos Cinderella with his sweet talk but still didn't ask for her name. It is either (one) he was madly in-love with Cinderella's beauty that names didn't matter, (two) he's pretending they already know each other that much, or (three) he knows that Cinderella is a dimwit. Second date, and it's the night after the first, and she didn't notice that the prince never asked for her name? GIRLS, never date guys that don't even know your name. GUYS, don't ever use the "you are so beautiful I forgot to ask for your name" excuse. You'll just be admitting you go for looks.

Honestly, when I was a kid, I saw Disney's version of Cinderella a million times. Yes, I counted. And, I will be honest, I wanted glass slippers, too. But now that I am this old (no, not really, I'm young), I know that shoes with heels aren't comfortable. What more if they are made of glass. How on earth did Cinderella manage to walk, dance, stand, and smile with those uncomfortable shoes? And how, tell me, please, did one of her "slippers" get left behind? So, are those slippers a little loose? I have years of experience with high heels (well, not really), and I don't think I can endure wearing glass slippers (that are cold to the feet and uncomfortable in general) that are loose. The material is hard enough to explain.

The prince announces he would marry she whose foot fits the glass slipper.

OKAY, hold on a sec. I can easily say I want to end up married with Marcgell because I've known him for so long, AND, at least, he is my boyfriend. BUT, I can not believe that a prince would be too tactless to announce such thing because (one) they've seen each other just twice, and (two) they're not even boyfriend-girlfriend. This prince is also so stupid. Did he not know about shoe sizes? There are millions of fives in this world, including me. It is just too unbelievable that Cinderella would be the only one. Oh, right, it did not mention that she was a size 5, but I figured since it's a princess' size, it should be MY size. Hoho~

So, yes. When Cinderella's foot fitted the shoe, she pulls out of her pocket the other slipper. She then marries the prince and they live happily ever after.

I wonder if the prince ever asked her name. :P I wonder if this is the reason why there are a lot of teens my age that elope or do other as crazy things with people that they just met. Maybe these girls also shared a few hours of talking with their princes, who never even bother ask about their names. They just announce themselves in-love and they get into big trouble... or a little trouble that gets bigger in nine months. :|

Where is the sweet little girl in me? =__=;; Why so serious, Wendi? Haish.

Labels: , , ,

posted by LOR | Permalink