Suicidal Foot 4.0 - Hell Break
This blog contains five years worth of rants and babbles. It is not for the faint hearted, nor the nosy, nor for the narrow minded. It does not discriminate sex nor religious preferences. It loves you because nobody ever will. All hail Suicidal Foot! All hail the drama queen who writes, and her little servant boy!
Wednesday, December 8, 2010 @ 4:06:00 PM
A story so wonderful....

Last week, I was inspired with whatever weird spirit with me. I do my pre-lab reports way, waaaaay in advance, I'd go to sleep early (like 9-10PM, I'd be dead), and I'd study (laugh now) right after dinner. So, one night, I was minding my own business when suddenly, my roommate cried out of frustration.

"What's wrong?" I went over to her bed and saw the cutest guy in a picture coolest (well, not really) Geom Problem ever made. She explained to me that her boyfriend have this Math homework and he asked her to answer it, but she just can't figure out what to do. So, I meddle.

Find the side of an equilateral triangle inscribed in a square with a side of 4. Okay, now I need to see how the problem looks like. A triangle in a sqaure. Hmmn... My spatial skills gave me this:


Now what? I'm not even sure my drawing is right, right? Still, I have to try. [And here I started remembering people telling me how good I am with Geom and Spatial problems that I surely am going to be a good Civil Engineer].

After some trying this and that, I figured, hey, I can just cut the triangle in half, I'll get some angles, then Law of Sine, and that's it. I have the side.

The answer is 4.141.

Labels: , ,

posted by LOR | Permalink